Enable Disk Encryption with Mac OS Filevault
We want everyone to enable disk encryption.
For MAC OS, Disk encryption is available through Filevault.
1. On your Mac, open System Preferences.
2. Open the Security and Privacy settings.
3. Select the Filevault Tab.
4. Unlock the settings by clicking the lock icon.
5. Click Turn On Filevault.
6. Enable without iCloud. This will keep your secret key off the internet.
7. Record your recovery key! This step is critical. You will LOSE ALL DATA on the computer if you lose your password and recovery key.
8. Click Continue to complete the setup. The encryption process will take several hours. Make sure that your power is plugged in during this time.
9. Sleep better knowing that you have secured your data.