Run Windows Update on Windows 10
Your computer runs Windows Update regularly. Occasionally, there are critical updates that we do not want to wait to install. Follow these steps to run Windows Update manually.
1. Open the Start Menu
2. Type "Check for updates" and then click the Check for updates entry.
3. The Windows Update window will open. Click the Check for updates button
4. If updates are available they will start downloading and installing. Grab a cup of coffee and be patient.
5. Once the install is complete you may be prompted to restart your computer. Click the restart button to complete the process.
6. After the reboot, repeat steps one through three to ensure there are no additional updates.